Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter is Not for Sissies

We've been enjoying cold winter temperatures here in the midwest. It's the kind of cold that freezes your eyelids in place when you go out to get the mail. Luckily, Henry has been totally warm. Whenever he leaves the house, he's wearing this soft, soft sweater.


You'll remember back in July when I was admitted to the hospital Allison from Pretending Sanity sent me a lovely care package of yarn and a pattern. It kept me busy during many long hours as I sat in bed, looking out the window at downtown St. Paul. I was so thankful for that act of kindness. It kept me positive, doing something with my hands as I hoped for a healthy baby to wear this little sweater.

Happy day, indeed!

6 comments:

Jennie C. said...

It's been so cold here, I haven't even gone out to get the mail. 'Course, it's like three miles away! (Exaggerating, yes, I am. But the drive way IS really long.)

Barbara said...

Henry looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby, great sweater!

Angoraknitter said...

I love the sweater! It does look really cozy!

Striving Green said...

A beautiful little boy. You are blessed!

pretendingsanity said...

He looks so great! I'm so happy that the yarn worked out so well.