Thursday, January 3, 2008

Of Ragamuffins and Princesses

Just a little update, for those of you who are interested (and I know you're out there).

Anna had her Second Haircut Ever last night. She had one maybe a year and a half ago and I haven't really given the matter much thought since then. Her hairstyle requires that little attention be paid to the actual length. Every day I simply pull up the top section of her hair into a little ponytail. It keeps her hair out of her eyes, and more importantly out of her boogers, and that's all I really need.

Lately, however, her fine, thin hair had been getting more tangled and A was objecting more and more to having her hair combed in the morning. The last two days everyone was sick with a cold so I let it go altogether. Yesterday morning Anna looked like this:


To be fair, it's a bit rougher than usual since I hadn't fixed it in a day or so, but you get the general idea. This morning, though, she looks like this:


The change is very dramatic when you see her with her hair down, but she wouldn't keep a barrette in and I still need to keep hair out of her boogers. She looks so grown up! I try not to get too sentimental about these sorts of things--I really can't afford to, emotional as I am--but I still can't get over how much my little girl is changed by a simple hair cut. My little bunny.

No comments: