Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Like A Mississippi Steamboat

I looked in the mirror today and realized that I am roughly the size of a ship.  I don't really know how this happened and it may just be that my shirt is unflattering, but I was truly appalled.  I don't know why women have to get big when they're expecting babies.  Aren't the hormone changes enough without the wretchedness of seeing your already generous mid-section expand?  

Other than that, I have no pregnancy news to relate.  I am feeling well enough that I can cook dinner most nights and have energy enough to keep us in clean clothes.  Except for me.  None of my clothes fit.  But I suppose that no news is the best news of all when you're expecting a baby.  I dislike exciting and eventful pregnancies.


In knitting news, I have been working on the Classic Cable Sweater from the book Top Down for Toddlers.  I'm doing it in Canadian Regal yarn in the Fundy Fog color.  I'll see about posting a picture of my progress soon.  I'm knitting this one for Anna.  I'm not 100% sure of the pattern yet.  The collar seems VERY big, but I'll have to wait to see for sure, I guess.  If it's ridiculously large, I'll think of some fix.  I like the charts in the book and the key is easy to reference and very clear to read.  I'll knit a couple of other patterns and write a review of the book.  Until then, try to imagine how this little cutie will look in a cabled sweater next winter:



No comments: