Tuesday, July 14, 2009

23 Weeks and A Year

Last year at this time I was 23 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my third pregnancy. My pregnancies are labeled 'high risk' because Thomas was born prematurely, but nothing could have prepared me for what happened with this baby. Even though I had experienced PPROM before, I was entirely caught off guard when my water broke so early.


I thought I was going to loose my baby. I should have lost the baby. Statistically, most women do. At 23 weeks, no one was terribly optimistic.


But, I didn't loose the baby. What happened next wasn't fast and it wasn't easy, but he stuck it out and the next six weeks gave us our little Henry. He may be small, but he is mighty. And I am so glad.

5 comments:

kristina said...

wow... can't believe it's been a year already. He's gorgeous! You truly are very lucky, and very blessed. :)

Barbara said...

Thanks for sharing pictures. He is awfully cute!

Knittymama said...

He's just gorgeous, thanks for sharing the pictures. I can hardly believe it's been a year.

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness! 23 weeks. Amazing. Isn't it weird when you recognize the anniversary of a time you never thought you'd make it through?

Jennie C. said...

He is also ADORABLE.