Saturday, July 25, 2009

Does This Zucchini Make Me Look Fat?

One day the garden zucchini is just a wee fingerling on the vine, the next you discover a zucchini so large that you beg it to be merciful to your children when it becomes your Benevolent Overlord.
The measuring spoons are provided for scale. I should have used Henry, but he was out with Peter when this photo was taken.

I'm not sure that this has any useful purpose anymore or if it should head straight for a position in politics, but I'm going to try shredding it and freezing it for winter, per Rachel's suggestion.

Also, I'm still interested in toe-up sock patterns, so if you have one, please feel free to give me your suggestion. I've been on Ravelry and I've found one potential pattern, but I have to wait to read through it before I'll know if it's going to work.

I'm back to my garden now. It's been sadly neglected this past week, so who knows what other surprises await!

4 comments:

Peter Edstrom said...

I love the way you write! Send it straight into politics, I say.

Dawn said...

"Benevolent Overlord" !!!! Too funny.

Barbara said...

Zucchini bread and muffins freeze well, too. And there's always Chocolate Zucchini cake. It loves your kids!

Knittymama said...

Last year I just grated it and froze, then thawed it out when I wanted muffins. Worked great.

Doesn't knitty have a basic toe up tutorial w/ pattern?