Saturday, August 23, 2008

Treats

If you're going to spend a lot of time alone, laying in a hospital bed, I think that treats are an integral part of managing monotony and boredom. There's nothing better than a visitor and there's nothing beats a visitor bearing gifts.

Here are some things people have brought that have made my days better:

  • cups of really good coffee like Caribou or Starbucks
  • a box of fancy Tazo tea
  • yarn
  • Aveda bath products
  • yarn and pattern kits
  • clean pillowcases
  • books and magazines
  • food and snacks
  • candy
Sometimes I have to buy my own books or yarn or treats, and it's almost as good, but I love when people thoughtfully bring things that cheer me up when their visit is done. No matter how much my friends and family enjoy visiting, no one wants to move in with me!

No comments: