Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Any Ideas?

I've been stash-diving lately and I came across this skein (+some) of Andes worsted weight yarn.  It has 165 yards in the full skein and I think the other skein has about, oh, 75 yards left.  I used the other part of the skein to make some simple mittens.

I don't know what to do with the rest of it!  Mittens, of course, are an idea.  I could even find an interesting pattern for a hat, I'm sure.  I could even knit some little boy soakers, if I thought I'd be having a little boy in the fall.  I just can't seem to find anything that gets me excited about knitting this yarn.  Maybe something in a seed stitch?  I may just knit a few Kleen Kanteen kozies like I've seen on another website.

I don't know!  I'm interested in hearing if you have any ideas, though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not knit soakers with the yarn? There's no reason to save this beautiful brown-russet stuff just for boys! :)

I think it would also make a fun jester-style hat (with plenty of yarn left over for generous pompoms) for a child.

Angoraknitter said...

It looks gender neutral to me!

Kanteen kozies are for scraps,...this yarn is way more then you'd need for a kozie...you'll still have too much left over.