Wednesday, June 25, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow

Today we got our first harvest from our new garden.  Radishes.  Thomas and Anna were so excited to be able to pick some real vegetables, even though Thomas doesn't like "spicy food".  I pulled the radishes and handed them over our rabbit fence to Thomas who pulled off the tops for the compost.  Anna walked around the yard chomping the radishes like apples.  Who knew they came with a core?  Personally, I'm just thrilled to see that I can grow things after all.  I'm like a real farmer.

In other news, see what came in the mail for the new baby?

It's a beautiful, organic cotton baby hat that will be just right for a fuzzy baby head this winter.  It came from Kristina over at Yarnsticks!  It makes me glad that I live in such a snowy state.  Knitted warmth would be much less satisfying if I lived in Texas.  Thank you, Kristina!  I am pretty excited about this pretty little hat.


2 comments:

Peter Edstrom said...

I'd agree that it's nice to have warm fuzzy things to put on here in frigid MN, but gotta say I'm enjoying the warm weather we are having too. Can't go veggies when there's snow on the ground!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I am so glad you like it. I am so tired, that I came to your blog, looked at the picture and thought, "wow, look, she knit the same hat I did. What a dope I am. :)